Editors Note: The following article is from EMF Blues. Please check them out here.
Smart Meters monitor electric, gas and water usage through the use of a digital transmission. Prior to the use of Smart Meters, analogue Meters were used for decades.
Smart Meters have been installed mostly without the knowledge or consent of residents. According to EMF Watchdog Group 'The Environmental Health Trust'. "Most people are unaware that their meter has been switched or is in the process of being switched from an analogue meter to a digital “smart” meter. If your home or building already had a meter, it was probably an analogue meter, but the the replacement meter is likely a digital meter—a “smart” meter."
Are Smart Meters Safe?
Smart Meters emit radiofrequency radiation (RFR) which has been found in studies to be carcinogenic (cancer causing).
One manufacturer of Smart Meters, a company called Itron, has warned shareholders that there could be legal problems regarding the adverse health affects from Smart Meters.
“We may face adverse publicity, consumer or political opposition, or liability associated with our products…We may be subject to claims that there are adverse health effects from the radio frequencies utilized in connection with our products. If these claims prevail, our customers could suspend implementation or purchase substitute products, which could cause a loss of sales."
10 Smart Meter Facts
1. Smart Meters emit radio-frequency radiation (RFR) which has been shown in studies to cause cancer.
2. The radiation generated by Smart Meters is the same type as generated by cell phones and wireless internet.
3. Smart Meter radiation penetrates deeper into children’s bodies, making children more susceptible to the risks associated with radiation exposure.
4. Smart Meters affect the ecosystem adversely by exposing bees, birds and insects to higher levels of damaging RFR.
5. Smart Meters emit strong pulses of RFR 24 hours a day.
6. Smart Meter systems intentionally create a “mesh" wireless communications network of RF radiation that is drastically increasing the amount of background radiation that the public is being exposed to on a daily basis.
7. Smart Meter radiation is neither “low” nor “safe”, regardless of what is claimed by manufacturers and utility companies.
8. All Smart Meters state people should be at least an 8 inch distance from the Meter to avoid being exposed to radiation that exceeds current FCC 'safety" limits. which are considered too high to be "safe" by many scientists and researchers in the field of EMFs.
9. Smart Meters increase the “dirty” electricity in a home by affecting the electricity in the wiring.
10. People have been reporting symptoms after Smart Meters are installed.The most common symptoms are iinsomnia, headaches, fatigue, dizziness, skin rashes, tinnitus and irregular heart beats.
We have been taming unruly computers for fifteen years from our corporate headquarters in Northwestern North Carolina. We serve the High County of North Carolina. We are a family business with five family members active in the business. The core of our business is expressed in a mission of helping people first and foremost while at the same time providing computer and networking service.Website: www.tamers.biz